Saturday, October 22, 2016

VIDEO: Christmas Night

Hi!

New face here, I'm Marika and I'm here for a little Guest Design Spot. I've been watching Taras videos for a long time and love the stamps, so was so happy when Gerda asked me if I wanted to do a guest spot. So who am I? Well I'm a 35 yo software designer (aka coder) who's biggest hobby is card making and colouring. I blog over at CraftybitCreations.com and do card making and colouring tutorials over at youtube.com/craftybit. I found card making back in 2009 and haven't looked back.



For todays card I've played with Up On The Housetop, I wanted to make a very wintery card, and started with the background. For the background I used distress inks and and a mask and blended a background with blending tools. It turned out very soft so instead of going to my copics I decided to use my Polychromos to colour the images in. For more details on how you can see the video below.



Polychromos:
Skin: Ivory, Light Flesh, Cinnamon, Walnut, Dark Flesh
Hat & Gloves: Deep Red, Permanent Carmine, Dark Red, Walnut
Beard, trimmings and snow: White, Warm Grey I, II, III
Chimney: Walnut, Venetian Red, Terracotta, Burnt Ochre, Sanguine, Nougat

2 comments:

  1. absolutely love your card!!! I especially love your moon shining bright!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love your card!!! I especially love your moon shining bright!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!